We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with the Data Protection Act 2018. Amiqus ID is a Data Processor in terms of the Act.
This statement explains what we do with the personal information that we collect from our users. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should contact us using the details given at the end of this statement.
Please note that this policy applies only to the Amiqus ID website, not to the websites of other organisations to which we may provide links: we are not responsible for their privacy policies or practices and you should make your own enquiries in respect of them.
What information may be collected?
When you visit our website, your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) will automatically be logged by our web server. We may automatically collect non- personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you may use or the site from which you linked to from our website. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service.
If you register, we will collect information such as your full name, address, telephone number, email address and/or other details which you may voluntarily provide.
How is the information used?
We will use your personal information for basic profiling purposes and to let you know about other services in which you may be interested. We will also use the information we collect to track and monitor the usage of our website and help us understand the patterns of site visits. This will help us improve our website and assist us in business processes such as record keeping.
If you register, we may also use your personal information to allow you to access appropriate parts of the website and process any orders submitted by you.
Will my personal information be provided to third parties?
We may only share your personal information with:
- Third parties (such as our internet service providers) who help us administer our website. These third parties must at all times provide the same levels of security for your personal information as Amiqus ID and, where required, are bound by a legal agreement to keep your personal information private, secure and to process it only on the specific instructions of Amiqus ID.
- These named third party companies, allowing us to fulfil amiqus ID verification services including Call Credit Information group, Onfido and Stripe which provide identity, validation and payment services.
- Government bodies and law enforcement agencies but only:If we are required to do so by the requirements of any applicable law;If in our good faith judgement, such action is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process or not doing so would prejudice the prevention or detection of crime;To respond to any legal claims or actions; orTo protect the rights of Amiqus ID, its customers and the public.
Will I be sent information that I did not ask for?
We may send an email:
- relevant to content on the site, keeping you informed about our services
- keeping you informed of relevant changes to the service
- informing you of planned outages and operational changes to the website
- informing you that your Credits are nearing completion and offering you the opportunity to purchase further Credits
- If you do not wish to receive such communications, please unsubscribe at the end of any of our emails or contact us requesting you be omitted from future communications.
- If you have any queries regards this issue please contact us at the address below or, e-mail us at email@example.com
We use “cookies”, a type of tracking software. A cookie is a small, unique, text file that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. We also run Google Analytics and Adwords the management of the site and for the purposes of authentication. See our cookies policy.
What security will exist?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal data and take data security seriously. Our systems and infrastructure are accredited to UK government cyber essentials security standards. Click here to view our Cyber Essentials Certificate of Compliance.
We use appropriate standards of technology and operational security to protect personal information including secure servers (based in the EU) and network firewall connections.
Operationally, Amiqus have no internal access to client data due to mandatory encryption of files resting on our servers which may only ever be visible following authorisation by our clients. If access to personal information is authorised it is tightly restricted to specific personnel who are under a duty to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
Internet and Data Storage
Personal information submitted by means of the Internet is done at your own risk as it may be vulnerable to unauthorised access by third parties.
We take reasonable and appropriate technical measures to ensure that your personal information is stored in a secure manner. However, we shall have no liability for disclosure of data due to errors in transmission or the fraudulent, negligent or other illegal acts of a third party, such as ‘Hacking’. Any transmission of personal information on or through the use of our website is at your own risk.
Transmission of Data Overseas
We shall not transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area without your prior consent and not without first having assessed the adequacy of protection for individual rights in respect of personal data available in that country.
How can I access my personal information?
Under the Data Protection Act 2018, we act as data processors on behalf of our customers who control access to their own customers data. If you have enquiries around what data we have access to you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
City Point, 3rd Floor
65 Haymarket Terrace
Company registration number: SC511150