The form feature in Amiqus ID allows teams to collect and review information about clients or transactions.
Template forms can be custom built by admin users, meaning you can tailor fields and questions to meet the specific needs of your business. ie), securely collecting information around tax records, bank details or completing internal client risk assessments.
Forms can be sent to people for completion as part of a Request or created internally for completion by team users and remain as internal documents.
To build a form…
- Log in to your Amiqus ID account.
- Make sure your account has the admin access level.
- In the top right hand corner you will see your name and team name. Click on the arrow to open the user menu and choose Workflow & Templates.
- Select Form Templates.
- Select New Template.
- You will be prompted to add a form name and description, which will be viewable by your team. You can then add form sections and fields.
- Set to Live and click Create Template for the template to be available for your team to use.
Approved form templates
You can export and import form templates from other Amiqus ID Accounts.
We currently have approved Client Risk Assessment templates available for Law Society of Scotland and The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) members. These can be downloaded below. Simply import them when creating a new template.
To add a form to a person for internal use…
- Go to the person you'd like to add a form to.
- In the navigation bar at the top under their name, select Forms.
- Select Add Form above the box on the right hand side.
- Select the form template you'd like to use.
To edit a form…
To edit the form fields, select the ellipsis on the far right of the top information panel, and then select 'edit'.
Please note: Editing form fields for a person will not change the original form template. Each instance of a form is an independent copy of the original template. Forms sent to people for completion cannot be edited.
As you complete the form, you have the option to flag each question. Flagged questions will be shown at the top of the page.
Flags are helpful when you want to highlight missing information or call attention to any concerns and can be toggled on and off as needed.